Yeah, I've experienced all that - just as Linoma did a great job - better then CVTRPGSRC - that was a smash-together deal.

Another thing that bugs me is how free is implemented - comments in particular. If you select comments anywhere and choose to convert to free - it puts double slashes starting in position 6. If you do it within C-specs, it puts the comments starting in position 7, which is valid in free. Comments starting in column 6 in free-form context generate errors. This is one of those consistency items I'd like to see - but not enough yet to complain!

Vern

From: Jon Paris <Jon.Paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On 4-Sep-08, at 1:00 PM, web400-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

<>

It is pretty horrible.

The main problem is that it does it all on a line-by-line basis with
no reference to the data definitions as a consequence even a MOVE of
like-to-like (e.g. a 6a to a 6p) drops back into fixed form.

If all of your code is already in "/free compatible" form i.e. mostly
Evals etc. then it does OK. But for a conversion of an RPG400 program
to /Free you can't beat Linoma (which _does_ look at the data).

Jon Paris

www.Partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com