From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Shane_Cessna@xxxxxxx
Sent: 15 August 2008 16:33
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Java vs. .NET Face/Off

i'm sad to leave the iSeries community because there are no other iSeries
shops hiring around here right now...i have to get away from my
boss...tyrannical and puts a higher priority on success and work above
family and expects her employees to do the same...get bad reviews if you
don't work over 55 hours a week...

Shane Cessna
Senior Programmer
North American Lighting, Inc.
217.465.6600 x7776

"Walden H.
Leverich"
<WaldenL@TechSoft To
Inc.com> "Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries"
Sent by: <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
web400-bounces@mi cc
drange.com
Subject
Re: [WEB400] Java vs. .NET Face/Off
08/15/2008 10:19
AM

Please respond to
Web Enabling the
AS400 / iSeries
<web400@midrange.
com>

I'm going to be taking a new position doing C#.NET
development not on an iSeries (very sad about that)...

If you're sad about it why are you taking the position? Apprehensive?
Ok. But if you're going into a new position "sad" you need to rethink
what you're doing.

What's the best online resources for C#.NET
development besides what Aaron mentioned here?

The good news / bad news side of the size of the c# community is that
there is no single "home" like the midrange.com community. You'll start
to live on several sites depending on what you use. If you're an
Hibernate user, you'll gravitate to their sites, if not, you won't. If
you're doing ASP.Net then you'll go that way and not look at sites that
revolve around XAML.

General sites I find of use include codeproject.com, asp.net, the msdn
site (msdn.microsoft.com), and blogs but Scott Guthrie
(http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/) and Scott Hanselman
(http://www.hanselman.com/blog/) I also have Hanselman's and DNR's
podcasts on my iPod (hanselminutes.com and dotnetrocks.com)

-Walden

--
Walden H Leverich III
Tech Software