Vern,

Some here say Net.Data is on the way out. Too bad though because of the REXX connection. What say you?

Thanks,

Dave

<vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx> 8/6/2008 15:21 >>>
Ouch!!!

Anyhow, Dave, you could also use REXX with Net.Data - that technology can use REXX procedures - actually embedded REXX code, if I remember - to get at the DB2/400 data. This is basically a kind of CGI technique.

You know I'm just trying to entice you with what you know - but it really does work well, albeit not as well known these days.

Vern

From: "Evan Harris" spanner@xxxxxxxxxx

-snip-
-----Original Message-----
From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Dave Odom
Sent: Thursday, 7 August 2008 9:05 a.m.
To: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WEB400] What's the latest thinking of the best two or three web
development languages/environ...

for creating web pages that access DB2/400 for SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE and
DELETE operations? I'm talking about basic web development from scratch,
not calling RPG, nor screen scraping existing Display Files; fresh web
development. The beginning web pages will be simple, no fancy presentation
for awhile. I'd like to store the web objects on the i but that may no
longer be the best place.

I'd like to use what is in our current IBM i or MickySoft environment, not
buy some new development tool, if at all possible. I'm used to working in
HTML, ASP, javascript and the like. I wouldn't mind Using WebSphere, as we
have it, but fear the learning curve might be too long. Opinions please.

Thank you,

Dave Odom
Arizona

This thread ...