This problem of not being able to use IE but it works in FireFox.

This often caused by an extra comma at the end of a configuration for a UI
widget. The last configuration entry must not have a trailing comma:

For example - this is correct:

msgrcds = Ext.data.Record.create([
{name: 'Index', mapping: 'msgidx', type: 'int'},
{name: 'ID', mapping: 'msgid', type: 'string'},
{name: 'Text', mapping: 'msgtxt', type: 'string'}
]);

This will fail in IE

msgrcds = Ext.data.Record.create([
{name: 'Index', mapping: 'msgidx', type: 'int'},
{name: 'ID', mapping: 'msgid', type: 'string'},
{name: 'Text', mapping: 'msgtxt', type: 'string'},
]);

Note the extra comma on the line {name: 'Text', mapping: 'msgtxt', type:
'string'}

Hope this helps
Syd