Good point, I should be more careful of how I relate the architectures when
we are describing lower level details. So what would be the ramifications
of developing such a peer-to-peer in a GUI world? I guess it would be the
same issues of having persistent HTTP programming put in place where each
user had their own job, which could because a resource issue for a large
website.

Let me ask this: What exactly makes 5250 peer-to-peer vs. client/server? Is
it the "thin-ness" of the client (i.e. the terminal) ? Is it the
statefulness of the client in that it never loses connection and has a
direct line into the machine (brings back coaxial memories :-)?

And based on how that is answered, couldn't a guy create a "peer-to-peer"
with the JT400 classes as that will give you a handle to a specific
session/job on the AS400?

If a guy could make a JT400 connection from a thin client (like Flex/Flash)
to the AS400 then it could be seemingly peer-to-peer as there would be a
dedicated job. The reason I think dedicated jobs are ok in *some* instances
is because in *some* instances they work great. Just look at how successful
your 5250 programming has been to date. For most all new intranet
development a peer-to-peer/one-job-per-user would be perfectly acceptable
(because you already have that performance load on your AS400 through 5250
sessions).

Thoughts?
Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com