I went through all of the config steps to set my WebSphere Application Server (WAS) up for single-signon. I then deployed the sample application as described here: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.base.iseries.doc/info/iseries/ae/tsec_idtokenconfigdep.html

I ran the application and receive the following:

Identity Token Test Results

javax.resource.ResourceException: com.ibm.eim.jndi.DomainJNDI:connect: failed to connect to initial directory context at java.lang.Throwable.(Throwable.java:196) at java.lang.Exception.(Exception.java:41) at javax.resource.ResourceException.(ResourceExceptio n.java:49) at com.ibm.jca.idtoken.ManagedConnectionImpl.generate IdentityToken(ManagedConnectionImpl.java:1022) at com.ibm.jca.idtoken.ConnectionImpl.generateIdentit yToken(ConnectionImpl.java:234) at com.ibm.identityToken.IdentityTokenTest.getIDToken (IdentityTokenTest.java:154) at com.ibm.identityToken.IdentityTokenTest.doGet(Iden tityTokenTest.java:72) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:743) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:856) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.ser vice(ServletWrapper.java:1068) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.han dleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:543) at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.h andleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:478) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrappe r.handleRequest(CacheServletWrapper.java:90) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest (WebContainer.java:744) at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.WebContainer.handleReque st(WebContainer.java:1455) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.read y(WCChannelLink.java:115) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLi nk.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:454) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLi nk.handleNewInformation(HttpInboundLink.java:383) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCa llback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java:102) at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.reque stComplete(WorkQueueManager.java:556) at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.attem ptIO(WorkQueueManager.java:606) at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.worke rRun(WorkQueueManager.java:979) at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager$Worke r.run(WorkQueueManager.java:1064) at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.j ava:1473)
Error, identity token was not generated.

Error, OS/400 connection was not created.