True, if Linux ever gets off the ground you'll have to pay for it also!

I was more stating you sometimes pay in non-monetary ways. For me it has
taken a good chunk of time to switch over to Linux because as a developer I
had a lot more fine grained needs. For me time=money so Linux hasn't been
necessarily cheap for me so far. I would guess the same would be true for
an enterprise where you win in some areas (i.e. free software) but lose in
others (i.e. one free package doesn't work well with the next, or at least
not as integrated as Microsoft packages).

Right now Ubuntu is excellent because it is something you could give casual
home users and they wouldn't need much else (i.e. Firefox, OpenOffice,
Songbird, Pidgin, Evolution). For the enterprise I am guessing it would
take much more work.

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 4:39 PM, Maurice O'Prey <maurice.oprey@xxxxxxxxx>