Walden wrote:

If you (editorial use, not you Joe) are too damn lazy to learn something
as fundamental to today's programming requirements as HTML, Javascript
and CSS then you deserve to be unemployed!

I second that!

The biggest problem of this platform these days are the developers, i.e. the many
developers that just refuse to learn anything (not you of course). The tools (WDSC) /
languages (RPG) are not on par with other tools/languages but they are getting better.

I would like OO features in RPG. But then again, adding more syntax to the already
convoluted RPG syntax does not help i think. And it only will add to this complexity
because it wont get used. 99% of RPG programmers don't even use (or know)
service program. Although this has been available for 13 years or so. I find this really
shocking, because the ILE approach (two-step compilation, first module, then program
instead of one source generates one program) is very common and used verywhere
for very very good reasons. How can a programmer call himself "professional" if (s)he
knows nothing about modules etc and is used to and will stick forever to the
one source -> one program approach with all the duplication and maintenance problems??