Shannon, the "Performance considerations" link from http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/websphere/express/indexexp61.html
or whatever version you choose from
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/websphere/
may be helpful.
Note the performance advisor wizard in WAS v6.

InfoCenter topics include:
"Planning for performance
How well a Web site performs while receiving heavy user traffic is an essential factor in the overall success of an organization. This section provides online resources that you can consult to ensure that your site performs well under pressure.

Taking advantage of performance functions
This topic highlights a few main ways you can improve performance through a combination of product features and application development considerations.

Obtaining performance advice from the advisors
Tuning WebSphere Application Server is a critical part of getting the best performance from your Web site. But tuning WebSphere Application Server involves analyzing performance data and determining the optimal server configuration. This determination requires considerable knowledge about the various components in the application server and their performance characteristics. The performance advisors encapsulate this knowledge, analyze the performance data and provide configuration recommendations to improve the application server performance. Therefore, the performance advisors provide a starting point to the application server tuning process and help you without requiring that you become an expert.

Tuning the application serving environment
Start here for a summary of key performance tuning parameters. This topic describes how to tune various aspects of the application serving environment, such as the operating system, database connections, and application server Java virtual machine."

My only experience with these tools is on a lightly loaded demo system... it would be interesting to know if you find them useful!
-Dan R. (iSeries generalist)

Shannon ODonnell wrote:
Can anyone suggest a good resource for how to performance tune Websphere
Application Server on iSeries?