I knew we would be on the same page, given our conversations at Common. :-)

No. I haven't announced the tool, yet. I planned to have it done yesterday and I ran into one small problem that I am sorting through but I flew out to New Jersey today and haven't had a chance to chase down the answer. I plan to implement it tomorrow at the customer's site, so I hope I can figure it out (it is a problem with a wrapped HashMap, I can't get the "put" method to add the key/value pair to the HashMap object - I'll post the problem on the RPG list in a bit)

Once I figure out my HashMap problem I'll finish up the final sample programs and get the whole thing documented and bundled. Looks like I won't release it until this weekend since I'll be busy over the next couple of days at my customers site. I still think adding BIRT as a template/processing option is a good one, I just have to wade through the API and figure out how to get it implemented.

I'll probably get in touch with you when I work on the same "static engine" approach you are using with RPG Chart Engine. I am not that familiar with Data Queues and may need some help with the code.

Pete

Aaron Bartell wrote:
Well stated Pete. I agree that in the end we are simply looking for a well
defined interface for an RPG programmer to make use of.

Did you already announce your tool on another list? I am not on all the
different lists anymore - takes too much time reading all the posts :-)

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com