I have setup an in-process ASF Tomcat server, and I have deployed a
war-file. When the server was started, the contents of the war-file was
restored correctly, .i.e. directories were created in the directory tree
of the server. So far, so good.

When I now try to launch the application by typing the URL
http://logdev/shp78e, I get the following message:

Network Eerror (dns_unresolved_hostname)
Your requested host "logdevip.abbott.sna.ibm.com" could not be resolved by
DNS

In the address field of the browser, the URL is changed to
http://logdevip.abbott.sna.ibm.com/shp78e/index.jsp.

When I just type http://logdev, I get a standard welcome-page. In this
case, the name logdev does not seem to be resolved.

What is the cause of this problem? And more importantly, how can I solve
it?

Ewout