Your QTIMZON value looks good to me. Do you have a php.ini file? If so, do you have date.timezone set properly in it? Do you have a TZ environment variable set?

You could try adding the following code to your script (before the date() call):

date_default_timezone_set("America/Chicago");

Everything I'm telling you is based on using PHP on FreeBSD. Unfortunately, I haven't yet tried it on iSeries, so I may be completely off base. :)

Gerald Magnuson wrote:

QTIMZON:

Time zone . . . . . . : QN0600CST2 Name Associated settings: Offset . . . . . : -06:00 Full name . . . : Central Standard Time Abbreviated name : CST