From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Charlie Ramsdale
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 12:27 PM
To: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WEB400] Library list for IFS folders?

We have one system that shares 3 environments - dev, QA and production,
each with its own copy of data files and possibly different versions of
programs depending on active dev and testing (we use Turnover to
promote). Accessing the correct copy or the production copy of a program
or file is easy with the library list.  When a user runs a pgm he'll hit
the dev or qa version (depending on liblist), if there is no dev or qa
version, then it will eventually find the production version.  Now we're
adding CGI development with the HTML code in the IFS folders and we've
abruptly discovered that we know of no 'library list' functionality with
objects in the IFS folders.  We obviously don't want to hard code paths
and maintaining a soft version of paths to all objects for the 3
environments seems ludicrous.  Is there a 'library list' style access
for IFS folders that we're not aware of or maybe some other method that
we as noobies need to be aware of before we go too far in our current
development?

Charlie

PS: We do have separate browser paths for the 3 environments so we know
which environ the user is running the program(s) from, but that limits
access to objects in that environment and it will not find an object in
the production environ when needed (unless the path is provided).