From: Roy Luce

Systems Plus is a small ISV with a 10 year old RPG package for
manufacturers.

It is now time to redo the user interface so it is compatible with web
browsers rather than terminal emulators such as Client Access.

<VENDOR PITCH>

This is a perfect situation in which to use the new iQ tooling in PSC/400.
PSC/400 converts green screen applications to a web-based interface with a
single command.  Since it's an OS/400 command, there is no requirement for a
fat PC-based tool, nor is there any learning curve.  You type in the command
CNVPGM, and off you go.

PSC/400 has two modes: the 5250 emulation allows you to convert your entire
system with no intervention overnight.  After the conversion what you have
is a faithful representation of your existing package, only running in a
browser.  Zero retraining for your end users, and perhaps more importantly,
ZERO INTERACTIVE REQUIREMENTS!  PSC/400-enabled programs run entirely in
batch, and so can run on server-model machines--and because PSC/400 works at
the source code level, it requires no special manipulations of the operating
system that may or may not be supported in subsequent releases.

The second mode is our iQ mode, which allows you to create applications that
look as if they were designed for the web.  Logos, banners, buttons,
drop-downs, calendars, mouse actions, all these are enabled through a simple
process we call "persistent enhancements".  Persistent indicates that the
change stays from one version of the program to another; you can make
modifications to your programs and even your display files and these
persistent enhancements will be re-applied.

We have a variety of unique features, including but not limited to:

1. Access to hidden fields, both for input and output.
2. Application environment variables that can be set at any time and used in
any program - perfect for soft-coding CSS and JavaScript.
3. Common headers and footers that can be selected or even switched at
runtime.
4. Runtime enabling/disabling of command keys and text (this allows you to
easily suppress commands for web users)
5. A session startup exit point that can be customized to provide your own
security and startup procedures.

PSC/400 supports all command keys and standard field edits, and is blazingly
fast.  In fact, converted screens allow you to hold down the page down key
and scroll through your subfiles showing multiple pages per second.  Try
that on any other web enablement solution!

The list goes on.  And the CNVPGM command can be highly customized and then
inserted right into your own compile commands, making it entirely
transparent to your end users.

PSC/400 supports WebSphere and Tomcat, and can be used either on the iSeries
or on a web appliance sidecar, depending on your requirements.  It includes
automatic object movement commands to hot-deploy converted programs directly
to your server.

PSC/400 prices are primarily tier based, with a wide variety of solutions
available depending on your needs.  For more information, please visit:

http://www.plutabrothers.com

Check out our current demo.  More are on the way, including an online Texas
Hold'em game written entirely in RPG!

</VENDOR PITCH>

Joe