Tom,
Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I am already venturing on the path that you
suggested. This assures me that I am not venturing on a 'never taken road'.

in my first .jsp file, I am doing this..

<input type='checkbox' name ='invoices' value = '"+invoicenumber+"'>

and in my other .jsp file, I am doing this..

String[] invoices;

invoices = request.getParameterValues("invoices");

Hopefully this will work out otherwise there is the weekend ahead of me and
I can start from scratch...:-0).

Thanks again,

Jake.

On 11/10/06, Tom Jedrzejewicz <tomjedrz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 11/10/06, Jake M <jakeroc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello wise people;
> I am really close to ending a project but am running out of ideas as to
> how
> to implement the closing part. Okay, I have two .jsp files. In my first
> .jsp(printinvoice.jsp), I query the iSeries and bring up all the
invoices
> be printed and in my second .jsp(produceinvoice.jsp) I create the
invoice
> and the user can hit the print button and print that invoice. Now, the
> user
> wants to print multiple invoices at the same time. Something along the
> lines
> of having check boxes by the invoices on printinvoice.jsp.

While I have no .jsp experience I have done some CGIDEV2 programming.  If
mis-speak about what can be done with a .jsp, one of the experts will
correct me.

In CGIDEV2, you would use something like ...
<input type="checkbox" name="cb_invoice" value="/%invoice_number%/">

When the form is submitted, the values of any CHECKED cb_invoice
checkboxes
will be returned to the server.  CGIDEV2 has functions to retrieve all of
them loaded into an array, so you can roll through the array.  I imagine
in
the .jsp world there is some way to get at the returned values and process
them.

A quick erfix that might be palatable to the users is to have the "print"
links open a new window (or tab) using the "target=" attribute, so that
they
can roll down the list and select multiple items.

Good luck.

--
Tom Jedrzejewicz
tomjedrz@xxxxxxxxx