Rather stupid of Nvu because FTP is FTP.

I agree Simon.  Thanks for taking the time to look at it.  I'll contact the
authors and register it as a bug.

It is not my system so I don't want to mess with the messages - so I'll just
use FileZilla for now which works well for me.  It is just conventient when
making a small change to a single page to just press the publish button.

Interestingly I have a similar problem with DreamWeaver - although it does
go ahead and do the upload/download - just issues an erroneous error message
at the end of the transfer saying it failed (it didn't!).

Jon Paris
Partner400

www.Partner400.com