Greg;

AJAX is a client side technology based on JavaScript, however IceBreak ships with an implementation that is available in all server instances which makes it more easy to play with. You don't have to install DOJO or what ever AJAX framework out there ....

A small client code looks like:
<script language="JavaScript1.2" src="System/Scripts/ajax.js"></script>
 <input type=button
            value='Click here to run the Ajax request'
onclick="adAjaxCall('myresult','http://icebreak.org:60000/ajaxServer.asp?manuid=SONY');" />

So when you click on the button a round trip to the server is made by the adAjaxCall function. The RPG ASP program ajaxServer.ASP is called and the result is in this case placed in the div tag "myresult"

.. You only have to include the ajax.js from the system/script directory .. Pure magic ...

The server side, by the way, is in this case building a small table. So by using AJAX you can build your pages with small components instead of making big monolithic pages. Ajax runs faster and performs better ... I'm and AJAX fan 100%

The server side:
<%
F*Filename+IPEASFRlen+LKlen+AIDevice+.Keywords+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Comments++++++++++++
Fproduct1  if   e           k disk
d pmanuid         s                   like(manuid)

/free
*inlr = *on;
pmanuid = qrystr('manuid');
%>

<%
 chain pmanuid productr;
 dow not %eof(product1) and manuid = pmanuid;
%><tr>
<%
   read productr;
 enddo;
%>
This is simple stuff. Taking the manufacturer id from the query string (the URL-parameter) and read all related records. Producing the HTML table - and only the table. This is the trick with Ajax - it is only the table component there are build in this program. This program has no idea of how the result are styled and in which context it is used.

Regard

Niels

----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg Oziemkiewicz" <goziemkiewicz@xxxxxxxxxx>