And if you embrace that, it assures the System i5 (iSeries), will go the
way of OS/2, BETA, etc.

But, IF and ONLY IF, System i5 applications are modernized like IBM and
I are trying to get folks to do for most of their legacy 5250 apps, the
System i5 MIGHT, JUST MIGHT be seen by the rest of the IT world as a
platform and OS to think about when spending their large dollars.
Right now, most of the IT world, says:  "System iWhat" or "iWhatSeries".
 And when you say "green screen" they laugh because they know how
outdated your apps are.

Now, it is true many Java apps are slow, but that is usually about how
they are designed or configured AND/OR how the database is designed.

I sure how the System i5 community can change and get away from its
mind set about the green screen and CL and RPG and modernize because it
is such great hardware and OS.

Sincerely,

David Odom

>>> tehuff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 4/19/2006 08:04:35 >>>