I've been poking at an Apache Virtual Host issue for a couple of days now... and I'm not making any dents in it.

I'm trying to establish Named Virtual Hosts using Apache. All virtual hosts are monitoring the same address/port. Everything is defaulting to the first virtual host. I can re-arrange the virtual hosts, and the first one in the list is the one that gets chosen, every time.

I think I have everything set up properly, but I'm not having any luck. There was a similar issue in the archives from about 2 years ago, but there was never a resolution posted. ): Nothing I found in the archives appears to address my problem.

Anyone have anything I can check to make it possible to use any of the 3 hosts as needed?

Thanks for any hints.

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Server 1:

# Apache Default server configuration
# General setup directives
HotBackup Off
CgiConvMode %%MIXED/MIXED%%
TimeOut 30000
KeepAlive Off
DocumentRoot /www/apachedft/htdocs
AddLanguage en .en

Listen 10.1.10.1:80

# Deny most requests for any file
<Directory />
order allow,deny
deny from all
Options -Indexes -ExecCGI -includes
AllowOverride Limit Options
</Directory>

# Allow requests for files in document root
<Directory /www/apachedft/htdocs>
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>

<Directory /www/specs/htdocs>
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>

NameVirtualHost 10.1.10.1:80

<VirtualHost 10.1.10.1:80>
ServerName apachedft
ServerPath /www/apachedft
DocumentRoot /www/apachedft/htdocs
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 10.1.10.1:80>
ServerName specs
ServerPath /www/specs
DocumentRoot /www/specs/htdocs
</VirtualHost>
************End of Data********************

Server 2:

5722SS1 V5R2M0 020719 Edit File 03/29/06 18:05:41 Page 1
File Name: /www/was60/conf/httpd.conf
Start record . . : 1
WebSpherePluginConfig /QIBM/UserData/WebSphere/AppServer/V6/Base/profiles/default/config/cells/GCC2/nodes/IHS_GCC2_WAS60_node/serve
LoadModule was_ap20_module /QSYS.LIB/QWAS6.LIB/QSVTAP20.SRVPGM
# Configuration originally created by Create HTTP Server wizard on Tue Dec 06 14:02:35 EST 2005
#
Listen 80
# DocumentRoot /www/was60/htdocs
# ServerName was60
# default for very old browsers...
#
Options -ExecCGI -FollowSymLinks -SymLinksIfOwnerMatch -Includes -IncludesNoExec -Indexes -MultiViews LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined
LogFormat "%{Cookie}n \"%r\" %t" cookie
LogFormat "%{User-agent}i" agent
LogFormat "%{Referer}i -> %U" referer
CustomLog logs/access_log combined
LogMaint logs/access_log 7 0
LogMaint logs/error_log 7 0
#
SetEnvIf "User-Agent" "Mozilla/2" nokeepalive
SetEnvIf "User-Agent" "JDK/1\.0" force-response-1.0
SetEnvIf "User-Agent" "Java/1\.0" force-response-1.0
SetEnvIf "User-Agent" "RealPlayer 4\.0" force-response-1.0
SetEnvIf "User-Agent" "MSIE 4\.0b2;" nokeepalive
SetEnvIf "User-Agent" "MSIE 4\.0b2;" force-response-1.0
#
<Directory />
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From all
</Directory>
<Directory /www/was60/htdocs>
Order Allow,Deny
Allow From all
</Directory>
<Directory /www/specsgcc2/htdocs>
Order Allow,Deny
Allow From all
</Directory>
<Directory /www/pemtest01/htdocs>
Order Allow,Deny
Allow From all
</Directory>
#
NameVirtualHost *:80
# First VirtualHost is the default!!
# <VirtualHost _default_:80> is never used for name-based vHosts!
# <VirtualHost _default_:*> this is default for any port; default for :80 must be before this line!

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName pemtest01
DocumentRoot /www/pemtest01/htdocs
ServerPath /www/pemtest01