I actually use mail.yahoo.com also and agree with your speed assessment.
Maybe what I should have said is that PHP is definitely capable of being
used on huge sites, but should one.  :-)

>Performance   aside, the larger the application, the more unweildy a
scripting technology like   PHP becomes.
Could you expound on this for the sake of those that are thinking PHP is the
way to go on the iSeries? Of the PHP I have done I have liked it (not enough
to continue with it over Java though).  They have some nice tooling out
there (http://pear.php.net/, http://smarty.php.net/) that certainly
surpasses what we have with RPG CGI.

Thanks,
Aaron Bartell