From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Matt.Haas@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 12:33 PM
To: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WEB400] nested SSI with Apache

Bob,

This does work under Apache. Make sure that your Options directive has
+Includes (which turns SSI on in the first place) specified on it. Did
you turn SSI's on for CGI programs? If not, adding "AddOutputFilter
INCLUDES .pgm" (without the quotes) should fix the problem. The .pgm
extension will also turn them on for Net.Data.

The sites we're running have several people using various tools to
generate content. To cover all the bases (the extension matching isn't
case-sensitive), I have this in my configuration file:

AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml
AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .htm
AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .html
AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .pgm

You also need to make sure that if you have Options directives elsewhere
in your configuration file, that they don't turn SSI's off (unless you
want to turn them off on purpose).

Matt