On 1/11/06, Mike Skvarenina <mskvarenina@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone know the limitations for the passing of an HTML variable to and
> from an RPG program using CGIBIN2 and/or Bob Cozzi's RPG xTools?  I'm trying
> to create a task management tool where I can create tasks for my staff,
> publish specifications, developer notes, etc and I need to know how just how
> big I can make a text box to support each "note" type.

Amply covered by others ...

> Also, is there a way to browse to Windows to "attach" scanned documents?
> Ideally what I'd probably want to do is do a browse, open up a Windows
> dialog box to search for a file ,then when selected copy it to the IFS where
> I could then reference it later from a web page via my CGI programs.

As Scott noted, the HTML is trivial .. and Mel/Giovanni have a file
upload facility "deliverable" in CGIDEV2 that provides the basic tools
to get files uploaded to the IFS from a web page.
-->http://www.easy400.net/easy400h/fupload.htm

I imagine there is also a way to get the file and load it into a BLOB
variable and put it in the database, but that is beyond my little
brain.

--
Tom Jedrzejewicz
tomjedrz@xxxxxxxxx