From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of FrankKany@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 9:58 AM
To: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WEB400] HTTP Configuration

Given the following information, would it be safe to configure the HTTP
server or what would be safe to change in the HTTP server configuration?
I would like to have it setup so that I can experiment with some RPG CGI

applications for learning purposes.

Thank you,

Frank
We are at V5R1 and have the following installed:
5769AS1   *INSTALLED   IBM WebSphere Application Server
5722DG1   *COMPATIBLE  IBM HTTP Server
5722JV1   *COMPATIBLE  Java Developer Kit 1.2
5722JV1   *COMPATIBLE  Java Developer Kit 1.1.8
5722JV1   *COMPATIBLE  Java Developer Kit 1.3
5722TC1   *COMPATIBLE  TCP/IP Connectivity Utilities
5722WDS   *COMPATIBLE  WebSphere Development ToolSet
I've included all that appeared relevant.  Let me know if you need more
info.

1) I ran the command "STRTCPSVR SERVER(*HTTP) HTTPSVR(*ADMIN)", then in
I.E., I
used "http://my.iseries.internal.ip.address:2001"; to get to the HTTP
admin
page.  I then get
a page that says "The page cannot be displayed".

2) I ran the command "WRKACTJOB SBS(QHTTPSVR)" and this is all I see:
Subsystem/Job   User            Type            CPU %           Function

Status
QHTTPSVR                QSYS            SBS             0,0 DEQW

The following processes are NOT running:
ADMIN                   QTMHHTTP        BCH             0,0 PGM-QZHBHTTP

SIGW
ADMIN                   QTMHHTTP        BCI             0,0 PGM-QZSRLOG
SIGW
ADMIN                   QTMHHTTP        BCI             0,1 PGM-QZSRHTTP

SIGW

3) I ran the command "CFGTCPAPP APP(*HTTP)" and chose option 2. "Work
with
HTTP configuration".
This is what I see:
00010     # * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
00020     # HTTP DEFAULT CONFIGURATION
00030     # * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
00040     #
00050     #
00060     #  HostName                     your.full.host.name
00070     #
00080     #  The default port for HTTP is 80;  Should specify por
00090     #  if port 80 is not used.
00100     #  Port                          80
00110     #
00120     #  Enable                        GET
00130     #  Enable                        HEAD
00140     #  Disable                       {all others}
00150     #
00160     #  Map   /test/*  /as400/*
00170     #  Pass  /as400SYS/* /QSYS.LIB/HTTPDEV.LIB/HTML.FILE/*
00180     #  Pass  /as400/*    /QDLS/400HOME/*
00190     #  Pass  /QSYS.LIB/AS400LIB.LIB/HTML.FILE/*
00200     #  Pass  /QDLS/graphics/*
00210     #  Fail  /QDLS/TESTING/*
00220     #  Redirect  /some_url/*  http://some_server/some_url/*
00230     #
00240     #  Search             <search_script_pathname>
00250     #  Post-Script        <post_handler_pathname>
00260     #  Put-Script         <put_handler_pathname>
00270     #  Delete-Script      <delete_handler_pathname>
00280     #
00290     #
00300     #  Scripts; URLs starting with /cgi-bin/ will be unders
00310     #  script calls in the directory /your/script/directory
00320     #  Exec  /cgi-bin/*                    /your/script/dir
00330     #
00340     #
00350     # *** DIRECTORY LISTINGS ***
00360     #  DirAccess                     Selective
00370     #  Welcome                       Welcome.html
00380     #  Welcome                       index.html
00390     #  AlwaysWelcome                 On
00400     #  DirReadme                     Top
00410     #  DirShowDate                   On
00420     #  DirShowSize                   On
00430     #  DirShowBytes                  On
00440     #  DirShowOwner                  Off
00450     #  DirShowDescription            On
00460     #  DirShowMaxDescrLength         25
00470     #
00480     #  Logging; if you want logging uncomment these lines a
00490     #  locations for your access and error logs
00500     #  AccessLog /QDLS/ERROR/LOG
00510     #  LogFormat                    Common
00520     #  LogTime                      LocalTime
00530     #
00540     #  InputTimeOut                 2 mins
00550     #  OutputTimeOut                20 mins
00560     #  ScriptTimeOut                5 mins
00570     #
00580     #