To: "Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries" <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 4:42 AM
Subject: Re: [WEB400] WebSmart anyone?

Luis,

We looked into this several years ago and decided against it because
we wanted to keep our RPG programs off of our webserver 400 and
running on our production 400.  Otherwise, this would have been
promising.

We recently looked into the JSE version of WebSmart as a way to learn
Java, but we didn't like the servlets it wrote.  One of my Java kids
has written a bunch of helper classes to abstract things like SQL
queries and RPG/CL program calls to a level that old Net.Data guys
like me can actually write servlets/jsp's that do something.

We use BCD's ProGen system for green-screen apps, and it's a quality
product.  So I'd imagine that WebSmart is as well.

Mike E.