When reading you message in GMAIL, Google showed me an ad for the following ...

http://exterminator.bigwebmaster.com/exterminator-features.html
It is a perl script for Apache and a method to trap "leechers" who
steal images, and uses the Apache banned ip features.

It might be adaptable usable for your purposes, or it might just show
you have to update teh banned IP list in Apache automatically.

--
Tom Jedrzejewicz
tomjedrz@xxxxxxxxx