From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Dave Reiher/prairiefarms
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 1:15 PM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: [WEB400] WAS Express 6 vs. WAS Express 5.1

Actually Matt, I didn't state that very well. I am currently using WAS
Express 5.1and am trying to decide if I should try the jump to 6. I run
my
web stuff on a logical partition. The core RPG guys here have yet to
give
up too much memory to my partition so it does not perform quite as well
as
I would like. If 6 might speed some things up I might have to try it. I
understand that if I were to have them both up and running it would
bring
things to an even slower speed, but initially I might do that just to
take
a look at 6. I am correct in thinking that they can both co-exist right?

WSDC 6 brought this on. I have installed it and am much happier with the

performance on my PC, so this got me thinking about moving the server
itself to 6.

Thanks for your unput!!
    Dave Reiher
    System Analyst
    Prairie Farms Dairy - Corporate
    dreiher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<Matt.Haas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
12/08/2005 12:05 PM
Please respond to
Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

<web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [WEB400] WAS Express 6 vs. WAS Express 5.1

WAS Express 6 has all the features of the base version. WAS Express 5.1
doesn't support EJB's and a few other things that the base version does.
WAS performance typically gets better with each release and since
there's typically migration work between releases, I can't think of a
reason to start with 5.1.

WAS 6 does not install with RSTLICPGM. Take a look at
http://www.itjungle.com/fhg/fhg120705-story02.html for installation
instructions.

Make sure that you order the latest group PTF for which ever version you
decide to use and apply it before you try to start it for the first
time.

Matt