Scott,

I think you're missing a closing bracket on the 'strJob' command. Apparently it has the form "GSPMODTST/EXECSQL STMT(<sql statement>)". You build the sql statement, but miss the closing bracket.

Joep Beckeringh

Scott Lancaster wrote:
Hey everyone, looking for some help, i have the following code that i am
getting an error on line 57, char 2. The error is CPF0006 - errors occured in command, and the code is
80004005 from source IBMDA400
I am a real novice at this, and modified this code from another program. Any help would be great. I have attached the code below:

'************************************************
'*** SCRIPT TO EXTRACT TOYOTA INVOICE FILE    ***
'************************************************
Dim objConn
Dim objRecIn
Dim objRecOut
Dim intButton
Dim strSQL
Dim strJob
Dim strSQLOut
'******************************************
'*** Procedure DoFile produces the file ***
'******************************************
Sub DoCreateBatchJobs()
'**********************
'*** Set up objects ***
'**********************
' Open the file (strFileName) Set objConn=WScript.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Set objRecIn=WScript.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
Set objRecOut=WScript.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") strSQL = "SELECT mlfile, whfldi, mlnrcd "
strSQL = strSQL & "FROM copycono.file "
strSQL = strSQL & "JOIN copycono.field ON whfile = mlfile "
strSQL = strSQL & "WHERE mlnrcd > 1000 AND whfldi LIKE '%BUAR%' "
strSQL = strSQL & "ORDER BY mlnrcd DESC"
objConn.Open "File Name=AS400SQL.UDL"
objRecIn.Open strSQL, objConn
Do While Not objRecIn.EOF ' Build what to submit strJob = "GSPMODTST/EXECSQL STMT('update mvxbdtacf3." &
objRecIn("mlfile")
    strJob = strJob & ".a  set a." & objRecIn("whfldi") & " = (select
b.market"
    strJob = strJob & " from scottl.pgrpitem b where a.mmitno = b.item)
"
    strJob = strJob & " where a.mmitno in (select c.item from "
    strJob = strJob & "scottl.pgrpitem c) and a.mmcono = 200"
' Build the SBMJOB command line strSQLOut = "{{SBMJOB CMD(" & strJob & ") JOB(" &
objRecIn("mlfile")
 strSQLOut = strSQLOut & ") JOBQ(QGPL/COPYCONO) HOLD(*YES)}}"
' Send it on its way objRecOut.Open strSQLOut, objConn
    objRecIn.MoveNext
Loop Set objConn = Nothing
Set objRecOut = Nothing
Set objRecIn = Nothing
MsgBox "Finished - Submitting Jobs"
End Sub
'*******************************
'*** O.K to start job ?      ***
'*******************************
intButton = MsgBox("O.K. to create batch jobs ?",3)
If intButton = 6 Then
   DoCreateBatchJobs
End If
============================================================================ Please reply to slancaster@xxxxxxxxx Thanks Scotty Scott Lancaster