For whoever has been reading this string. We were able to use the Tomcat wizard
to setup the out-of-process tomcat server using the IBM connector and it worked
using the tomcat 5 app server. The wizard points to port 8009 by default which
is the one tomcat listens on by default and we selected the newer AJP13 worker
type. We do get a warning in the Apache web server configuration screen that
says
 Note: The port specified for worker ENGINE1 does not match any defined servlet
engine on the local host.
but that does not appear to cause any problems. We did disable the built in
listener on tomcat 5 so port 8080 is not live.

I have attached the Apache config if anyone is courious. It is a setup for both
inprocess and out-of-process tomcat in the same http instance.

>>> Matt.Haas@xxxxxxxxxxx 10/13/2005 9:43:10 AM >>>

Mike,

It looks like I referenced the IBM provided connector in the article so
you'll want to change the path to where ever you put the one you
downloaded from apache.org.

I'm not sure if using the wizard buys you anything or not. Since the
connectors are different, there may be changes (besides path changes)
you'd have to make anyway (I'm not implying that there are changes, just
that you'd need to check). Personally, I'd check the connector docs and
just follow along with them.

Matt