From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Douglas W. Palme
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 8:40 AM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: [WEB400] Bob Cozzi and cgilib

Throw in your RPGIV book with an order Bob? LOL....Just kidding.

I do appreciate your feedback and I hope you did not feel under the gun with

my open question; it was more to glean insight into its usage from those who

are using it than to determine if anyone did not like the product.  If you
know what I mean.

Douglas

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 08:14:43 -0500, Bob Cozzi wrote
> The advantage of CGILIB is that it is faster in many cases than
> using the CGI APIs because you can avoid writing the routines that
> need to occur before the APIs are actually called. Also, there are,
>  as you said, many, many additional helper functions, such as
> ToAscii() ToEbcdic(), UnEscape, cgiStdOut(), cgiObfuscate() and
> others that make it easy to do CGI programming with CGILIB or even
> if you decide you need to call the raw/native APIs themselves. The
> other thing you get with this method is the ability to use MS FrontPage
> 2003 to edit your HTML instead of some crazy bloatware. (Remember,
FrontPage