From: Joe Pluta [mailto:joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 11:52 AM
To: 'Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries'
Subject: RE: [WEB400] ASNA VRPG for .net or Websmart or RPGsp or something
else?

Hi Mary!

Given your expertise, have you considered PSC/400?  It will take your
existing applications and immediately web enable them (as in overnight).
All the function keys will work, and so on, and you will also be running
in batch with no interactive tax.

You can continue to develop your applications as green screen, but you
will have the luxury of running either via 5250 green screen or in a
browser with point and click features.  We even have a mode that
emulates 5250 in a browser (you don't have to retrain people, yet you
still get the benefit of zero interactive).

There are no user-based fees or per-seat licenses, and no requirements
for big, expensive PCs.  The conversion is done entirely on the iSeries
using a single command; you can just include it in a CL and run it
whenever you compile!

I'd love to demo the product for you.  You can contact me at
847-359-2657 to chat, or you can see our current demo (soon to be
upgraded) at our website:

http://www.plutabrothers.com

We also have a pilot program: send us a couple of programs and we'll
convert them free of charge and let you see the results.

Joe Pluta
President
Pluta Brothers Design, Inc.

> From: Mary Koetting
>
> We're a small shop (5 RPG/COBOL programmers) with an I5 Iseries
(Apache
> server) and we're researching a new tool to write web applications and
> would
> appreciate any input you have on the subject...we have some visual RPG
> experience and have a couple of web applications using Brad Stone's
eRPG.

> There will be forms entry, maintenance, automatic emailing, real time
> updating with about 100 users and it would use at least 30
files...would
> also love to have something in place that would capture the form as a
> scanned object and pass it to an Oracle database....we spend a lot of
> effort
> feeding forms to a scanner. Don't know if this is even possible but
would
> save a lot of work.
>
> We want to be able to use function keys to move from one screen to
> another.
>
> We would like to get cut down on our interactive workload and also
need to
> keep track of who does what...we have a lot of PHI information (HIPAA)
so