Yea, I need to rethink this whole deal. We do have a firewall, and users
get to the 400 via VPN, but there is no DNS or WINS in place for the VPN
users to resolve the host portion of the URL. I may either need to hard
code the IP address of our Apache server into the link, or provide a HOST
table entry for each remote user.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

             Shane_Cessna@nal.
             com
             web400-bounces@mi         Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
             drange.com                <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             04/07/2005 03:01                                      Subject
             PM                        RE: [WEB400] AliasMatch, and
                                       MapMatch

             Please respond to
             Web Enabling the
              AS400 / iSeries
             <web400@midrange.
                   com>

Mark,

If you guys have a firewall up, you may need your remote users to have
some kind of VPN access to bypass that...

Shane Cessna
iSeries Programmer
iSeries WAS Administrator
North American Lighting, Inc.
(618) 662-4483 x2776
shane_cessna@xxxxxxx

Sorry,

The problem is it doesn't redirect. I want to be able to require a
password from someone connecting from the internet, but not from within my
network. Maybe I'm a bit confused between <Location> and <Directory>.

What we do is send email links do documents on the IFS. Most are sent
within the network, but we do have a few remote folks. My boss thought you
should need a password to be able to connect from the internet, and get
the documents.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

             R Bruce Hoffman
             <bruce.hoffman@is
             eries-admin.net>                                           To

             Sent by:                  Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
             web400-bounces+mw         <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             alter=hanoverwire                                          cc

             .com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject

                                       RE: [WEB400] AliasMatch, and
             04/07/2005 02:26          MapMatch
             PM

             Please respond to
             Web Enabling the
              AS400 / iSeries
             <web400@midrange.
                   com>

hmmm.. you didn't say what the problem was...

but... I have never used the location and the aliasmatch in this way.

For system passwords I have always secured the target directory with the
Directory directive and not the Location directive. Don't know if that
makes a difference, but probably worth the try.

Also, you should only need the AliasMatch, not the MapMatch. The
MapMatch is iSeries specific.

Lastly, what about UserID %%SERVER%%?

--
"Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same."
-- Oscar Wilde