From:   Bob Cozzi [mailto:cozzi@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent:   Tuesday, December 07, 2004 7:47 PM
To:     'Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries'
Subject:        RE: [WEB400] How Do I Keep IE From Saving Values

You dynamically generate a random name for the credit card field in the HTML
form. Something like:

<INPUT name="CCFIELD" TYPE="HIDDEN">
<INPUT name="/%CCFIELD%/" TYPE="TEXT" SIZE="16">

Then use a timestamp or something similar as follows:
     D random          S             20A   Varying
     D prefix          S              2A   Const('CCN')
     D tmstamp         S              6S 0
     D cardNbr         S             16A

     C                   time                    tmstamp
     C                   eval      random = prefix + %char(tmstamp)
     C                   callp     cgiSetVar('CCFIELD': Random)

Then in your CGI program that receives the form with the keyed-in credit
card number, you retrieve the form field name first, then the credit card
field value itself. Something similar to this:

     C                   callp     cgiInit()

     C                   eval      random = cgiGetVar('CCFIELD')
     C                   eval      cardNbr = cgiGetVar(Random)

This is using RPG xTools' CGILIB, but will work the same if you have
CGIDEV2, just change the procedure names.

-Bob Cozzi
www.rpgxtools.com