>Keep at it please

Will do.

>...that now seems to be fixed (I have no idea how!)

Because buttonname was defined as session + "/BUTTON.999-999=*E" and
session was blank, so buttonname was not correct. Once you fixed session
buttonname fixed itself.

>...but I still cannot change the button names in NS.

Without seeing the latest code I can't tell, but keep looking for ById
instead of ByName problems. My hack of your code does work in Mozilla
(NS) so you should be ok eventually.

>I really appreciate all the time that you both have spent on this.

No problem. You're welcome.

-Walden

Walden H Leverich III
President & CEO