Walden

Walden H. Leverich wrote:

As for the HR, I can get rid of it visually, but I can't get the space back

Actually, I looked at that some more. The spacing isn't coming from the
HR tag, it's from the fact that you're in a PRE tag and there are CRLFs
at the end of the lines. Try removing the HR tag in a copy of the source
and you'll see what I mean. If you remove the HR tag and leave a blank
line in it's place the spacing will remain the same, but if you remove
the blank line the spacing will go away.

I tried removing the HR from the source but leaving the blank line before I posted and I had saved space. I was therefore surpised by your findings. My default browser is NS. After your post, I then tried the code again, with the same result and then tried it in IE and found that you were correct for IE so I imagine that that is your default. Browsers don't all work the same way. At least if it saves space in NS, that is an improvement since the HR takes up rather more space in NS than in IE.. I suppose that it isn't possible to remove the blank line?

It occurs to me that if I could get rid of the H3 heading, that would save further space. In NS, removing the HR and the H3 code from my source saves 5 lines and that is significant. I will have to try and work out how to remove the H3

I'd say remove the PRE tags, but I think all the gateway spacing would
get screwed up.

I cannot remove the PRE tags wich are put in by WSG, but the <BR> later on were put in by me for good reasons as those lines may be filled by data which I left out to cut down the source. The problem is not with the line breaks but at the top of the screen where space is wasted..

I think you're in trouble on this one.

I am really most grateful to you for taking out time to help me.

I will let you know the result of my trying the other changes for Session and Afield that you kindly suggested, but, hopefully, I won't need any further help - not at least until I wish to make other changes!!

I am tied up for the next three days and may not have time until Friday to fully try your kind suggestions.

With very many thanks

Best wishes

Rob