I'm trying to connect to iSeries database files using
PHP and the iSeries Access ODBC driver. I have PHP
running on Apache on a W2K machine with a network
connection to an iSeries.

I have a System DSN defined using the iSeries Access
ODBC Driver 9.00.06.00 where the data source name is
"mysystem".

Here's the php script I created based on the example
from the online PHP manual (where "myusername" is my
iSeries user name, "mypassword" is my iSeries
password, MYLIB is a library name, and MYFILE is a
physical file):

<?php
  //Define the connection to the database.
  $odbc =
odbc_connect("mysystem","myusername","mypassword") or
die("Couldn't define connection");
  //Define the library and file name.
  $libname = "MYLIB";
  $filename = "MYFILE";
  //Get the info.
  $res400 = odbc_columns($conn_ODBC, "mysystem",
$libname, $filename, "%") or die(odbc_errormsg());
  //Display results.
  echo odbc_result_all($res400);
?>

The script fails on the attempt to assign $res400.
The message from odbc_errormsg() reads as follows:

Warning: odbc_columns(): supplied argument is not a
valid ODBC-Link resource in
c:\apacheserver\Apache\htdocs\php\iseries1.php on line
14

Is there anything special I need to do when defining
the DSN?  Would anyone be willing to share a code
example of how to connect to and query an iSeries
database file using PHP running on Apache on a W2K
machine?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Kelly