The following is crazy, i know, but I am desparate now. So I tried also
something else. Userspace. You must think i am nuts, maybe i am, but please
read the following:

Weirdest thing, I used without creating a user space, nothing happened and
the error occured.
Now i used a userspace. Same errors but something happens. Reading of the
data from the environment goes allright, putting the data to the environment
goes still wrong.
Qtmhgetenv goes perfectly alright now...
Qtmhputenv goes completly still wrong with the same errors.

Details of the messages are:
Message-ID . . . . . . :   CPF3CF1
Date send      . . . . :   29-07-04      Time Send      . . :   17:45:43

Message . . . . :   Error code parameter not valid.

Cause . . . . . :   The format of the error code parameter is not correct.
Recovery  . . . :   Correct the error code parameter and try the request
  again.  If you do not know the correct format for the error code
parameter,
  see the OS/400 APIs topic in the Information Center,
  http://www.ibm.com/eserver/iseries/infocenter.

thanks,

Henk.