From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of michaelr_41@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 11:47 AM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: [WEB400] Portals

I'm be curious to know the answer too...but I'm also wondering, why are
you interacting with Java? All the prototyped procedures are available
for RPG.

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:24:31 -0600, "Shannon ODonnell"
<sodonnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> Not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but if not, I'm

> sure someone will tell me.
>

> I'm trying to interface an RPGIV program to a Java class to talk to a
> MQ Series MQ Manager.
> I've done RPG to Java beore, but I've always used pretty simple
> paramaters and such.
> This one is a bit trickier so I'm seeking help.
>

> Here's what I have:
>

> Within my MQJBIND class, I have a method called "MQJBIND" that accepts

> two java string objects as parms.
>

> A second method in the class called "mGetOutput" that returns a java
> string object and accepts as a parm, the reference to MQJBIND.
>
> Here's the relevant java code:
>
> class MQJBIND
> {
>
> public void init()
> {
> // Set up MQSeries environment
>     MQEnvironment.channel = channel;
>
> } // end of init
>   /**
>    * CONSTURCTER
>    * @param qManager the MQSeriss Queue Manager name
>    * @parm qname the MQSeries Queue Name
>    */
>
>   public  MQJBIND(String qManager, String qName)
>   { // begin MQJBIND
>     // Set up MQ environment
>
>     try
>     { // begin TRY MQJBIND
>         // Create a connection to the queue manager
>         qMgr = new
MQQueueManager(qManager,MQC.MQCNO_STANDARD_BINDING);

--

  michaelr_41@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                          love email again