Not sure I quite understand what you mean, but you could do
one of a few things...

On the onMouseOvers (or whatever you're using to show
popups over anchors) that you're using call a function that
checks to see if this is the first mouseover for this web
page (obviously setting it to false when loaded.)  If
false, display the text, change your text and set to false.

Like I said, I don't quite understand what you mean, but
this should give you some ideas.