My only addition here would be to ask how it computes "unique visitors." I
would imagine the best it could do is look at IP address in a time range. In
most cases this is close enough.

However, remember that most businesses will have some sort of NAT or proxy
device so all the users behind that device will seem to come from one IP.
For example, if Ari and I both browse midrange-l we'll both appear to come
from the same IP, but we're two different people (thank god <G>).

The only way I know of to get true-uniqueness is to use the image trick
along with both a session and non-session cookie. The session cookie will
allow you to track all the hits from a browser as a single visit (and track
their motion through the site) and the non-session cookie will allow you to
track them when they return another day.

-Walden

Walden H Leverich III
President & CEO
Tech Software