Kirk -

Thanks for your help.

Yes, the netmask for both is 255.255.255.0.  Since I am in a departmental IT
group, I have no control over the corporate network topology - IOW, I have
no ability or authority to change subnets or reassign default gateways.

We have another test system which is on a separate segment (IP addr
172.17.26.48).  I tried using it as the front-end, pointed to 10.10.18.54
but got the same results.  Is this due to your
statement -
> If you decide to change the network address to 10.10.19.x then ALL devices
> in the 10.10.18.x network must have their default gateways pointing to the
> 400 at 10.10.18.25.
????

Thanks,

Steve

<web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> cc
>
> Subject
> [WEB400] Re: IP filtering
>

> Further information -
>
> If 10.10.18.25 and 10.10.18.54 are both defined interfaces on a single
> iSeries, the filter rules work fine.  Unfortunately, this is not what I
> need
> to do - I need to use one system as a "traffic cop" to redirect requests
> a second system.
>
> If 10.10.18.25 and 10.10.18.54 are on separate systems, the same filter
> rules as above do not work.  I can only conclude that, when the IP filter
> rules change the IP address in the packet, the packet does not get put
> back
> out on the network.
>
> Can anyone confirm or deny this?
>
> Thanks,