Just to see if I've pieced this together correctly:
Access for Web is a no-charge product that will work with ASF Tomcat
Server/WebSphere 4.0 Advanced Edition/Websphere 4.0 Advanced Single Server
Edition.  ASF Tomcat is also no-charge, while both WebSpheres cost.
HATS LE is available as a no-charge refresh (5722-XW1, feature code 2646)
that will work with WebSphere 4.03 Advanced Edition/WebSphere 4.03 Advanced
Single Server Edition/WebSphere Base Version 5.0/WebSphere Express 5.0.   I
believed that all these versions of WebSphere cost, but was recently told by
an IBM business partner that we would get WebSphere Express free when we
order a new 810.
I've installed and configured Access for Web with ASF Tomcat, but, if I
understand correctly, ASF Tomcat is not the latest version and future
support from IBM would appear to be limited.
I can order HATS LE now, but it doesn't work with ASF Tomcat and we can't
get a free version of WebSphere App Server until we order a new box and
WebSphere Express comes with it.
So what's the logical upgrade path here?   Will Access for Web work with
WebSphere Express?  If not, I don't see much point in tweaking the HTML to
suit our tastes if this a dead-end path and we'll be getting something
better down the road anyway (new box with WebSphere Express and HATS LE).
On the other hand, I can't start developing HATS LE until I get the higher
ups to pay for WebSphere Express for the current box, which they won't do if
they know it is coming free with a new box later down the road.
Any ideas/suggestions/opinionated advice about how to drag ourselves into
the current century?