Shannon O'Donnell wrote:
I like the idea of redirecting to another, "Leave me alone"  page (thanks
also Bob C. ).   I'm going to use that, I think.

What it is...and I wish I had an alternative, but at the moment, I'm stuck
with this particular configuration...is that I'll have my users coming in to
a website running on OS/400. I'll validate their AS/400 User Profile and
Password using an RPGIV CGI program and some APIs (yeah...yeah..I know what
you are going to say...but I have to use RPGIV and CGI so that others in our
shop can maintain this stuff...no one besides me wants to learn to use
Java/JSP's....)....then once they are authenticated...I have to pass them to
another HTML page that has an ActiveX object in it to start a JWalk
(Seagull's screen scraper product) session.  What I'm trying to avoid is
having the users type in the URL to the JWalk page directly and thereby
bypassing our initial web-based security.

There's probably a better way to do all of this, but this is the method I'm
working from at the moment.

Again, do this on the server. If the validation fails, issue a redirection by specifying a 302 status and "Location" attribute in the HTTP header sent back to the client.

Cheers! Hans