Permissions, maybe?  The jpgs should be world readable....

dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Bonnie Williams [mailto:WilliamB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 9:03 AM
To: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WEB400] Graphics not displaying

We are new to this so bear with me if this is a stupid question.

We have set up the HTTP Server (powered by Apache) on an iSeries 720
(V4R5) to use as an employee intranet site.  It serves up static HTML
pages right now.  We will be adding some CGI apps soon.  Right now this
is just a test site.

If I go to the index.htm page using the URL in my browser (Netscape or
IE) I get the page, but 2 of the graphics do not show up- just a place
marker.  If I open the page by double-clicking on the file in the IFS in
Windows Explorer, it opens in my browser and the graphics are displayed
just fine.

The pages are designed using Dreamweaver.  One of the graphics is a gif
- 58kb - the other is a jpg -173kb.  There are other graphics (tabs and
shadows etc.)  on the page that do appear just fine.   I have gone
through the Apache redbook and can't find anything obvious.  The
directory structure seems right, the path in the href tag is OK-its the
same as for the graphics that do appear.  I don't know where else to
look.

Thanks for taking the time.

Bonita L. Williams
Manager of Application Services
Community Consolidated School District 15
580 N. First Bank Drive
Palatine IL 60067
Voice: (847) 963-3054
Fax: (847) 963-3061