>Using a long alpha-numeric, provided I can truly generate a random set of
characters each time, does reduce the chance of a session key being
generated by a brute force method.

I didn't understand your last statement.  Did you mean to say "duplicated"
instead of "generated"?

Another method would be to use the C API that was mentioned, and record each
session key in a file after it has been used.  Then when you create your
next key check the file to see if that key is currently being used or has
already been used (depending on how long you wanted to retain state).

Aaron Bartell