> >But I can still provide a link to all the data, yet
> >display one page at a time to the browser.
>
> There's the crux of the problem.  How do you do this?

I write a search "key" file from the search panel, with a unique
identifier (i get multiple people accessing same customer account
at same time). The sql returns 50, 100, 5000 records - I write them
to the key file, then have the next panel read/display the 1st 25 records,
and each panel's url has the ending "key#" and this user's unique
identifier,
so when user clicks "next" they get the next 25. All this on a S10 server
with
73 cpw. No problem in eRPG. Tens of thousands or millions of records could
not work this way, but you could put the 1st x,xxx records in the search key
file.
When you hit x,xxx, then re-execute search to get next x,xxx records.
I timestamp the key and delete search keys 24 hours old in a separate
process.
Reorg file at 2am if not in use.
jim