> From: "Richard B Baird" <rbaird@esourceconsulting.com>
> I like the check boxes and scroll bar quantities, and the fact
> that it appears to update the shopping cart immediately, rather
> than having an add-to-cart button.

I too prefer a checkbox over an "add to cart" button for several reasons.
When shopping the "Bread" aisle for example, we usually pick 2-3 different
types.  If you leave that aisle and return later, the boxes that you checked
previously are still checked - giving a proper reference.  It allows you to
easily remove an item selected previously rather than clicking a "remove"
button.  On the checkout form, you can easily adjust your cart to match your
budget.

> Or does it?  what causes the database to be updated
> with the new quantity? any valid link on the page?

Right!  Any valid link on the page actually updates the cart - which took a
little planning to implement.

> one problem I ran into is when I tried a 'rightclick/back'
> - it lost it's way...

Good point.

> I can't remember off the top of my head how, but i'm pretty sure
> there is a way to disable the 'rightclick' menu...

Good suggestion.

> you might want to provide a programatic 'back' button
> - on both the shopping and the cart details page.

Good suggestion.

> it would be nice if it loaded 20 or so at a time.  this would of
> course require 'next' and 'back' navigation, and maybe even
> 'page x of 1 2 3 4 5 6' kind of thing.

I considered that.  The actual super market I used for a model never had
more than 30 items in a category, which seemed like a reasonable number to
download at one time.  But page navigation may be required in some
situations.

Very good comments.  Thank you.

Nathan M. Andelin
www.relational-data.com