> From: Hans Boldt
>
> Personally, I rather dislike web sites that insist on opening up new
> browser windows.  The choice should be left up to the person viewing
> the site, IMHO.  (Most browsers already give you the choice
> anyways.) If you need to display information in two panes
> simultaneously, there are better design methods than putting up two
> windows.  For example, you could use frames (if you're desparate),
> but there are still even better methods, some involving CSS.

I agree with Hans (and no, this isn't the Third Sign of the Apocalypse) as
far as not creating a new popup.

Unfortunately, my experience in this area centers on JavaScript.  You can
create a table that is "pinned" to a specific position on the page by using
an absolute positioning style, then use a very simple bit of JavaScript to
either change its contents or its z-Order dynamically, in effect hiding and
displaying it.  The first part I'm absolutely sure about, the second part
(especially the z-Order) is a little less certain.

Joe