I think the key is in your statement: "yet".  So here are some thoughts to
ponder...

REASONS FOR:
1.  If you want to do Java Servlets and/or JSP, you need to switch.

2.  If you want to do Virtual Hosting, you need to switch (and then wait for
V5R2 as I understand it, but at least you'll be ready).

3.  If you want to use an industry standard that almost any web developer
can use, you need to switch.  For example, I just hired a guy who has mostly
done Linux/PHP/MySQL development.  When I showed him the Apache
configuration on the 400 he understood it immediately.

4.  If you want to 'toe the IBM line' you need to switch.  As I understand
it there will be no new enhancements to the Classic HTTP server, IBM is
sinking all those dollars into pbA instead.

REASONS AGAINST
1.  I've heard that the Classic server is supposed to be faster, but I
haven't had any performance problems that weren't of my own doing. (And
those were CGI, not Java!)

2.  Logging.  For the time being, logging is much better on the classic
server, but I understand this has been addressed for V5R2.  I'm looking
forward to being able to create new log files for each day automatically,
which the Classic server has done all along.  On the same note, however, we
were able to pass the log file to our Linux machine and run it against an
open source Statistics program.  No more log parsing programs to write or
maintain!

3.  It works.  Let's face it, there is something to be said for the "if it
ain't broke don't fix it" approach...

I think it really comes down to being prepared for the future.  If it were
me, I'd switch.

Joel R. Cochran
Director of Internet Services
VamaNet.com