You're right, Anton, it's onkeydown.  Sorry about that.  Now, keeping the
browser from doing it's own thing is one of the hard parts, and it's
different on different browsers.  For IE, I set the key code in the event to
zero and return false from the event handler.  Netscape is different on just
about every release, and I still don't have a standard approach for it.

Joe