Let me add my two cents.

Bob, its no problem that you typed Beckman instead of Rothman.  That puts me in
good company!

Bob, there is only one L in Mel :-) .  No problem there, either.

My experience is that the QtmhCvtDB problem with large data structures has
appeared and been fixed in several releases.  If one insists on using
QtmhCvtDB, be sure to install the latest group PTFs for your release's HTTP
server.  Also, install any PTFs not included in the latest group PTF.  This
should solve the problem.

However, my strong recommendation is to use QzhbCgiParse or the CGIDEV2
subprocedures based on QzhbCgiParse (the ones that start with zhb).

Another recommendation: if you want your CGI programs to perform well, use
named activation groups.  When you do this, be careful about reinitializing
variables that need to be initialized each time the program is called.  Also,
if multiple CGI programs are to use the same named activation group. make sure
they all read the same external HTML file(s).  If you do this, the file(s) will
be read and processed only once, the first time the program runs.  On
subsequent runs, if the list of files has not changed, and the files'
timestamps have not changed, the subprocedures that read the HTML quickly
return without going through the extensive work of reading the files and
building the structures used for high performance processing by the UpdHTMLVar
and WrtSection subprocedures.

Finally, Monday, June 24 will be my last day at IBM.

I plan to rest for a while, then start working on setting up my own consulting
company.

Mel Rothman, CGIDEV2 Author
http://www.easy400.ibm.it/en